People Magazine: Movie-Themed Cocktail Recipes from Sundance for Film Lovers
BY PATRICK GOMEZ • @PATRICKGOMEZLA
Morningstar Farms Chefdance presented by Wishclouds hosted dinners the first five nights of the festival and the delectable food was accompanied with beverages created by Snake Oil Cocktail Co. With names like “Take One” and “Stage Kiss,” these drinks are even fitting for an awards show party of your own!
1 ½ oz. bourbon (recipe suggests Bulleit)
2 oz. smoked maple-chicory soda
Dried apple chips
• Combine bourbon and smoked maple-chicory soda into an old-fashioned glass with ice and stir gently.
• Garnish with a speared dried apple chip.
1 ½ oz. dark rum (recipe suggests Zacapa 23)
1 ¼ oz. black rice/toasted almond horchata with cinnamon
¼ oz. fresh lime juice
Toasted coconut shavings
• Combine rum, black rice/toasted almond horchata with cinnamon and fresh lime juice into an old-fashioned glass with ice and stir gently.
• Garnish with toasted coconut shavings.
1 ½ oz. blanco tequila (recipe suggests Don Julio) 1 oz. blood orange juice
1 Tbsp. fig-agave jam with cayenne
• Combine tequila, blood orange juice and fig-agave jam with cayenne into a mixing glass with ice. Shake well.
• Pour contents into an old-fashioned glass.
• Top with dry soda and stir gently.
• Garnish with sliced fig.
• Combine vodka, fresh celery juice, fresh lime juice and sassafras simple syrup into an old-fashioned glass with ice and stir gently.
• Garnish with a baby radish.
1 ½ oz. gin (recipe suggests Tanqueray)
1 ¼ oz. beet water
1 oz. black pepper simple syrup
¾ ounce fresh lemon juice
6 pieces spearmint
• Combine gin, beet water, black pepper simple syrup and fresh lemon juice into a mixing glass.
• Add spearmint to mixing glass and shake hard.
• Strain contents into an old-fashioned glass with ice.
• Garnish with a spearmint sprig and striped beet.